Connect with friends on WordPress.com by using a WordPress widget to find and socially connect with your social media friends whom are also using WordPress.com and blogging.
Social Media friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google are automatically linked and brought into your Reader on WordPress. It is a subscription and your WordPress Reader updates when new blogs are posted by your connected friends.
WordPress is socially connecting itself and becoming social media too. I like it. Very cool – thanks WordPress.
- Proven ways to market your business on social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn. Mari shares shortcuts, tips, tools, strategies, tutorials.
- According to a new survey on the use of social media sites by employers to evaluate job candidates from CareerBuilder®, the largest online career site in the United States, nearly two in five companies – 37 percent – use social media sites such as Facebook…
My screenshot shows you where to find the application to FIND FRIENDS in your WordPress.com blog. Login to your WordPress.com account.
- On the dashboard open your drop-down menu “your account” and click Find My Friends. The next prompt will be “Find Friends” with Twitter, Facebook and Google choices. Click one at a time, Word Press will search your social media account and match them to you if they are also in WordPress’s database.
- Another prompt will come up with the “matched listing” and you may review who they are and click the follow if you want to follow them.
- Once you “follow” your socially connected friend, then each blog they do thereafter will appear, automatically, in your WordPress Reader.
I just discovered this widget on WordPress and I may be behind the times. Am I????
- Top 10 Free WordPress Plugins (bloggingtips.com)